When We Collect Personal Information from You
We collect information from you when you: make an enquiry, respond to a communication, fill out an information or contact request form, discuss sponsorship or otherwise submit your personal data to us. We may also acquire your personal information from social media and other reputable third-party sources. If we do so, we will obtain assurance from the provider that this information has been obtained and provided lawfully, fairly and transparently. Please note that sponsorship payments are processed by our partners. We may receive limited personal information about your sponsorship, such as your name and contact information, so that we can thank you.
Information We Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about you, including your first name and surname, social media identity and contact information, including email address and phone number.
- If you email or otherwise contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence or keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to you.
We require this basic personal information so that we can keep you up to date with Elijah’s Star and manage our sponsorship. We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks. We will not share this information with anyone else, and any information collected with our chosen payment processing partner will not be shared with us.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
We use legitimate interest as our lawful basis. This is because we believe that people who approach us have an interest in being contacted by, or keeping in touch with, us. Fundraising is also in our legitimate interest so we may use your information to contact you about this.
Please contact us using the details above if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to the information that we hold about you.
- Ask for the information that we hold about you to be amended if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Ask us to delete your personal data. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations without your contact details.
- Ask us not to use your data for direct marketing. Use the contact details above or the unsubscribe links on our communications.
- Have your data transferred to another party (data portability).
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal.
- Object to us processing your personal information.
- Object to us making automated decisions or profiling using your data.
- Complain to us or to the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you are concerned about our use of your personal data. The ICO’s website can be found at ico.org.uk
Our website or social media accounts may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies even if you access them using links from our website. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.